Friday, August 27, 2010

And They're Off (hopefully) Update 1

We hope "You Can't Handle The Truth" (our team) started us off at 1:30pm (PT). We don't actually know yet as only half the team (Van 1) went to the start on Mt. Hood. HTC is funny that way. With limited space at the start and round the clock running most teams divide and conquer. We're just leaving my friend Kris' house in Oregon City to meet our comrades. We will all pile into Van 2 and head for the Fred Meyer in Sandy, OR where the exchange to leg seven and Van 2 takes place.

Our 2nd leg is well under way. The first leg is super steep quad burner of a downhill that usually results in leg 13, the second for the first runner, being extremely difficult. Leg 2 is still a steep decline, but much more manageable.

I see it all in my head as last year I was Van 1 and Leg 5. It's likely chilly and a tad windy up there meanwhile the sun has come out closer to Portland and we're starting to cook. The descent of Hood is filled with adrenaline and a sense of relief to be under way. The photos of runners screaming down the road in packs of 10 are beautiful as the rocky, snowy summit of Hood dominates the skyline. Last year is so fresh in my mind, it's like I'm there with Van 1 now.

We're not on course yet, but we're on our way. Fred Meyer here we come.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment